CIEE SEVILLE BUSINESS AND SOCIETY PROGRAM, ISSUE I
GREETINGS FROM SEVILLA
The Business and Society students arrived safely and they seem to be very enthusiastic about the idea of enjoying this experience.
After the three days orientation session, with the informative sessions about academics, housing, safety and activities, students had the chance of visiting the Alcazar, one of the most representative monumental compounds in the city, the country and the Mediterranean culture as a whole. Students enjoyed a flamenco show. All the informative sessions were held at the Business School of the University of Seville.
INTENSIVE SPANISH SESSION
The students are in the middle of the Spanish for Business Students class, designed to help students prepare for their experiences in their classes by increasing listening and comprehension skills and building vocabulary. The students were divided into 2 groups according their level and skills of Spanish.
A very interesting session was held at the Hotel NH Collection on January 23th by the CIEE Seville Student Services Director, Morgan Reiss.
A total of 11 registered in the Business Internship class. On January 29th, students attended a preparatory session for the internships where the Internship Coordinator provided them with in-depth information about the companies participating in the program and some tips about dress code, greeting, speaking, etc.
On January 30th, the Internship Fair took place. A total of 19 companies and 11 CIEE Business and Society students attended the event organized at Novotel Hotel.
These are the Business classes we are offering this semester:
- BUSI 3001 SEBS Corporate Financial Decision Making
- BUSI 3002 SEBS International Trade & Finance
- BUSI 3003 SEBS Strategic Issues in International Manufacturing
- BUSI 3008 SEBS Business Ethics and Social Responsability
- BUSI 3101 SEBS International Marketing
- BUSI 3107 SEBS Strategic Management
- ECON 3001 CSCS/POLI 3003 CSCS Globalization and Economic Development
- ECON 3002 SEBS European Economy
- ECON 3008 SEBS European Corporate Organization
- INSH 3103 SEBS Business Internship