GREETINGS FROM SEVILLE!
Here we are again to share with you some of the highlights of the academic term thus far. The Business and Society program is full of enriching activities such as company visits, academic exchange seminars focusing on current issues in business (Global Discussions), company visits, internships with companies and several activities with local students.
Six “Global Discussions” have been organized thus far, with a participation of 76 local students. This kind of activities have been developed by the CIEE Business and Society staff to help students to meet more Spaniards under a more academic atmosphere.
- “University, work expectation and culture”
- “Ethics and Social Responsibility”
- “Success: What is it and how is this achieved? “
- “Measures to overcome the economic crisis. Economic stimulus vs. austerity”
- “Generation Millennials”
- “Lifestyle in USA vs. lifestyle in Spain”
As usual, our business professors have been organizing different company visits focused on business in Spain and the European Union. So far, the following company visits have taken place in the CIEE Business and Society program this term:
- Anís Los Hermanos. The oldest distillery in Andalusia (1880) which has created a unique gin, created by chance, as they were looking to commercialize this fruit in pots, and that has conquered the most expert clients, the British, made out of strawberries from the fields of Huelva.
- Basilippo, the oldest distillery in Andalusia (1880) which has created a unique gin, created by chance, as they were looking to commercialize this fruit in pots, and that has conquered the most expert clients, the British, made out of strawberries from the fields of Huelva.
- Cámara de Comercio. The Official Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Shipping of Seville is a non–profit public law corporation.
- La Gitana. Bodegas Hidalgo La Gitana is one of the oldest Sherry producers in the world.
DAYTRIP TO CÓRDOBA
An amazing daytrip to the City of Córdoba took place on June 7th. During the trip students could visit the beautiful Mosque-Cathedral, the Alcázar de los Reyes Cristianos and the old Synagogue.
Students had the encounter with the Moroccan students that they’re visiting right now in Morocco. In this activity students could learn about the Moroccan culture as well as meet new friends.
OVERNIGHT TO MOROCCO
The highlight of each semester is unequivocally the weekend excursion to Morocco. During this fieldtrip, students had the opportunity to experience the cultural, religious, social, and economic differences of the developing North African country.
Before travelling, CIEE organized a mandatory session to prepare students for this trip to Africa. During the session students received information about business, economics, culture and safety in Morocco as well as information about the Business School, the company and the cities they will be visiting this weekend.
Students visited the company Polydesign System in Tangiers, a company that specializes in Automotive & Apparel Trimmings and the Ecole Nationale de Commerce et de Gestion in Tangier, where students enjoyed having tea and traditional cookies with a group of Moroccan students.
At this point of the semester, all the students registered in the Internship Program have attended the Critical Reflection of the Internship experience session.